Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Great Wall Update.






I survived the Great Wall camping trip.  Yes.  Only a short update, however, because I am still tired for the sleepless night.  Camping with one sheet on rocks protruding into your back, I'm still surprised I managed to fall asleep for 15 minutes.  

Here are some of the highlights.  The vistas were amazing.  Except for the nine people we saw in our five hours hiking, we had it to ourselves.  Quite the contrast to our Badaling Great Wall experience when the President of Mexico came.  

We packed up camp (our one sheet, this didn't take long) and hiked back down at sunrise, a little after 5 a.m.  Five hours later after a private car, bus,  train, and then taxi, we arrived to the tennis venue, smelly, dirty, and very tired.  Despite our early rise, we still didn't have time to go home to take a shower.  

It was the best day I've had in Bj.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ANNA! You Are Such A BADASS!