Monday, July 28, 2008

Pander Zoo




Seeing the panders, for real.  I had to be work at 1:30 today, but rather than sleeping in, scouring the internet.  Diane, Stacie, and I went to the Beijing Zoo.  We were told China's zoos are extremely depressing because the animals do not have proper sized cages and the sanitation is another issue.  I went expecting the worst, imagining caged lab animals.  What I saw instead was surprisingly better than previously pictured, except for the large cats display of tigers and lions.  
We spent aproximately two hours there, in that time, Diane touched a zebra.  Something that would never happen in the U.S.  We decided before we even got to work it was a good day.  And I guess it was the attitude that kept giving because at training we practiced press conference questioning and writing.  For the first time this summer I felt like I was actually doing the job I came thousands of miles to do.   

No comments: