Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ice Cream

Ask my dad, he eats cereal everyday.  The same grapenut mixture for fourty years.  It rubbed off on me.  Everyday, no fail, I eat cereal.  This is how I start a good day.  Usually a mixture of Golean crunch, special k berries, granola, fiber one, and whatever wheat enriched cereal that may be on sale.  

In China, the closest I have gotten to cereal has been rice Cheerios.  It isn't the same.  The taste is a dryness that makes you stop after your first o.  The lack of milk or dairy products in general is also disappointing.  As a result, I have sought my dairy out elsewhere.  Ice cream.  The Chinese aren't particularly into desserts so this makes it difficult.  However, side street vendors with blue coolers can usually be found with cones and fudge dipped ice cream sticks.  Yesterday I divulged and ate a waffle cone at Baskin Robbins.  Espresso and cream with berry baseball nut.   

Some things just can't be sacrificed while abroad.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what I would do without my yogurt fix...I eat yogurt for breakfast, lunch...and okay after dinner most nights as well. Love that stuff!